ProPublica Is Hiring a Partner Manager
Update: This position is no longer available.
ProPublica seeks a Partner Manager to work on a new yearlong journalism project covering hate crimes and bias incidents.
The Partner Manager will be part of a large-scale collaborative effort to create the first national, authoritative database of reports of hate crimes and bias incidents. We will be collecting and authenticating reports from a variety of sources, including civil rights groups, police reports, news stories and social media posts. We’ll share that data (with privacy and security protections) with groups that are best suited to follow up on it and with newsrooms that can use it for local stories.
The partner manager will be a key member of the project team, coordinating with local news outlets and other key partners, with responsibilities that include:
Creating training materials and documentation
Communicating regularly with partners on Slack, video conferences, etc.
Collecting stories that are written using the data and writing posts about them
The successful candidate will have a journalism or writing background and excellent writing and reporting skills. Experience doing journalism at a local news outlet — especially on data-driven projects — preferred, as is demonstrated excellence at project management and collaboration. Bilingual candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
ProPublica is based in New York but the person in this position can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. The position is a one-year contract with benefits.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch 'Documenting Hate'
- Peter Gosselin to Join ProPublica to Investigate Aging Issues
- ProPublica Announces Paul Sagan as New Board Chairman
- ProPublica to Expand with State-Based ‘ProPublica Illinois’ Unit
- Andrew Revkin to Join ProPublica as Senior Reporter on Climate Change
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.