ProPublica Reporters Are Finalists for Livingston Awards
Two ProPublica reporters are finalists for the Livingston Awards. The Livingstons are given to journalists to honor “outstanding achievement by professionals under the age of 35 in local, national and international reporting.”
This year, Paul Kiel and Lois Beckett are finalists for the national reporting prize. Kiel’s narrative, “The Great American Foreclosure Story,” explains how a grandmother, who once owned her home free and clear, got caught up in the housing crisis and lost just about everything she had.
Beckett’s “How Microsoft and Yahoo Are Selling Politicians Access to You” details how those companies are helping campaigns tailor ads for potential voters by sharing their names, zip codes, and other registration information often without people’s knowledge. Beckett won the award last year along with ProPublica’s Olga Pierce and Jeff Larson.
Habiba Nosheen and This American Life’s Brian Reed are finalists in the international reporting category for the radio version of our joint “Finding Oscar” investigation. The winners will be announced on June 6, 2013 at a luncheon in New York City. Congratulations to all of the finalists.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.