ProPublica is Seeking a Reporter to Cover Climate Change
ProPublica is seeking a reporter to cover climate change as an investigative beat.
We are looking for a reporter well-versed in the worlds of environment and business who will land stories that examine how countries and companies are responding to a changing climate. We want stories that will surprise, that probe deeply, that test underlying assumptions.
The successful candidate will have a track record of landing investigative scoops and weaving revelatory reporting into authoritative narratives. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to bring an accountability approach to an issue that has often been covered as a policy issue or dispute about science. While this reporter will be based in the United States, we expect to cover this story globally.
ProPublica is committed to diversity and especially encourages members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
To apply, send a resume, examples of your work and a memo describing how you would approach this assignment to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Peter Elkind and Nick Varchaver to Join ProPublica Staff
- Reporter Ken Armstrong to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Illinois Announces More Hires
- ProPublica Illinois Announces Additional News Hires
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Hannah Dreier to Cover Immigration
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.