ProPublica Wins ASNE Award for Distinguished Writing on Diversity
His reporting unveiled a network of immigrant labor brokers called raiteros, and how they recruit and shuttle temp workers on behalf of some of the largest companies in the country, providing just-in-time labor at the lowest possible cost to corporations while charging temp workers high fees that often push their pay below minimum wage. Using exhaustive statistical analysis, Grabell and ProPublica's data team also found that temp jobs are among the most dangerous -- with temp workers getting injured at as much as six times the rate of regular employees, even in comparable occupations.
The judges also recognized T. Christian Miller and Jeff Gerth's "Overdose" series as a finalist for ASNE's Punch Sulzberger Award for Online Storytelling. Their investigation examined the risks of acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol, and how federal officials have failed to act as they confronted increasingly definitive evidence of its danger.
See the full list of winners here. Congratulations to all involved.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.