ProPublica Wins Online Journalism Award
This past weekend in Washington, D.C., ProPublica's Law & Disorder series was honored with the Gannett Foundation Award for Innovative Investigative Journalism. ProPublica partnered with FRONTLINE and the New Orleans Times-Picayune on the project, which documents what happened in various violent encounters between local citizens and officers from the New Orleans Police Department in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
The prize was given out by the Online Journalism Awards to honor "stories that uncover major news based on the reporters' own exclusive investigations or that offer compelling and original analysis and interpretation." A.C. Thompson was the lead reporter on the series, but staffs from all three news organizations were involved in the unique approach used to produce the investigation.
A complete list of the Online Journalism Awards can be seen here.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.