ProPublica Wins Online Journalism Award
This past weekend in Washington, D.C., ProPublica's Law & Disorder series was honored with the Gannett Foundation Award for Innovative Investigative Journalism. ProPublica partnered with FRONTLINE and the New Orleans Times-Picayune on the project, which documents what happened in various violent encounters between local citizens and officers from the New Orleans Police Department in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
The prize was given out by the Online Journalism Awards to honor "stories that uncover major news based on the reporters' own exclusive investigations or that offer compelling and original analysis and interpretation." A.C. Thompson was the lead reporter on the series, but staffs from all three news organizations were involved in the unique approach used to produce the investigation.
A complete list of the Online Journalism Awards can be seen here.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.