ProPublica Wins Overseas Press Club Award for Fourth Consecutive Year
ProPublica and our partners, WBEZ’s This American Life and Fundación MEPI, have been honored with two Overseas Press Club Awards for our “Finding Oscar” joint investigation. This is the fourth consecutive year ProPublica has been recognized by the Overseas Press Club for its international reporting.
The multimedia project uncovered details of a military massacre that destroyed a village in Guatemala 30 years ago. It won the OPC’s Lowell Thomas Award, which recognizes the best radio news on international affairs, and the Joe and Laurie Dine Award for the best international reporting in any medium dealing with human rights.
“‘Finding Oscar’ is a magnificent journalistic collaboration documenting how prosecutors, forensic anthropologists and human rights activists persevered for 30 years in their quest for justice against the perpetrators of a 1982 massacre in Guatemala,” the judges wrote.
ProPublica won an Overseas Press Club Award last year with the Financial Times for its series on how banks and other companies were using specialized foreign tax credits to save them billions of dollars. Previously, ProPublica has been honored for its series on Guantanamo Bay and the issues surrounding indefinite detention, Pakistan’s terror connections, and the plight of civilian contractors in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.