ProPublica’s Jesse Eisinger to Write for New York Times DealBook
In a new arrangement announced today, ProPublica senior reporter Jesse Eisinger will contribute a twice-monthly column to The New York Times’ revamped DealBook. Eisinger will continue in his role as an investigative reporter at ProPublica, but he will also serve as one of 16 contributors to DealBook. His columns, which will appear both online and in print, will focus on accountability issues and abuses of power in the world of high finance.
Eisinger, along with ProPublica reporter Jake Bernstein, wrote the blockbuster "The Magnetar Trade" investigation that revealed how a Chicago-based hedge fund did deals that ultimately exacerbated the housing crisis. The pair followed it up with "Banks' Self-Dealing Super-Charged Financial Crisis" that explored how the top Wall Street investment banks created fake demand for securities known as collateralized debt obligations or CDOs. And earlier this week, they reported on the SEC's investigation of a CDO deal between JPMorgan Chase and Magnetar.
According to the Times, the expanded DealBook will feature "more news, information, analysis and features to create the most authoritative source for deal-makers and industries that thrive and function within the deal community." Eisinger's columns will be cross-posted at both ProPublica and DealBook. Read the Times press release for more information.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica to Expand with State-Based ‘ProPublica Illinois’ Unit
- Andrew Revkin to Join ProPublica as Senior Reporter on Climate Change
- ProPublica to Take Over Several Sunlight Foundation Projects
- ProPublica to Co-Host NYC Premiere of “Finding Oscar” at DOC NYC Film Festival
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.