Six ProPublica Reporters Named Livingston Award Finalists
ProPublica’s Al Shaw, Jeff Larson, Sisi Wei, Lena Groeger, Cezary Podkul and Ken Schwencke have been named finalists in this year’s Livingston Awards, which honor outstanding achievement by journalists under the age of 35.
Shaw and Larson were named finalists in the local category for their collaboration with The Texas Tribune, “Hell and High Water.” Texas Tribune reporters Neena Satija, Kiah Collier and Ryan Murphy were also recognized as Livingston finalists for the immersive project, which explored the vulnerability of the Houston area to a large, devastating hurricane. The investigation showed how researchers have warned for year that a hurricane could cripple the region, yet leaders have taken almost no action to prevent a disaster.
Wei, Groeger, Podkul and Schwencke were also named finalists in the local category for the news application, “Tracking Evictions and Rent Stabilization in NYC.” One component of a series on how New York City officials have dismantled legal protections for tenants, giving landlords an incentive to hike rents and evict lower-income tenants, the app lets users input their address to see their building’s recent eviction cases, and learn if their apartment may be rent stabilized.
Winners will be announced in June. See a list of all the finalists here.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.