Students! ProPublica Wants to Pay for You to Attend NAHJ/NABJ: Apply Now!
Update, Mar. 24, 2016: Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, ProPublica will be able to award a fifth scholarship to a deserving student, and help cover their flights to and from the conference as well!
We are proud to announce that for the first time ever, ProPublica is sponsoring need-based scholarships to attend the 2016 NABJ and NAHJ Annual Convention, to be held in Washington, D.C. this summer. Four scholarships of $500 each will be awarded to students who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference. We are also happy to announce that NAHJ has generously offered to cover these students’ flight costs to and from the conference.
You can apply for the scholarship here.
The conference will be held August 3–7th and brings together the two largest minority journalism organizations in the United States, the National Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. It offers a great opportunity for networking and professional development, especially for students just starting out in journalism.
We’ve written recently about what ProPublica is doing to increase the diversity of our newsroom and journalism as a whole. This set of scholarships is a small but important step in making it easier for journalists from underrepresented communities to take advantage of everything these conferences offer. We are also very excited to be partnering with NAHJ for the first time, and thank them for their help and generosity in this effort.
Questions? Send them to Lena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.