The Financial Crisis As Conversion Experience – An Event
Updated April 1, 2013 with ticket RSVP information.
For some journalists, the 2008 financial crisis brought about something of a conversion experience regarding the role of the financial sector in society. Other journalists, however, have not been significantly affected or altered their views. To further explore this, ProPublica is proud to host an event with some top Wall Street journalists discussing the impact the crisis had on them and their work.
“The Financial Crisis as Conversion Experience: Did Wall Street Journalists Change Their Views?” will feature ProPublica senior reporter and “The Trade” columnist Jesse Eisinger, Thompson Reuters digital editor Chrystia Freeland, the New York Times “Common Sense” business columnist James B. Stewart, and Newsweek/Daily Beast “Asymmetrical Information” correspondent Megan McArdle. Reuters finance blogger Felix Salmon will serve as the moderator of the conversation.
The event will take place on Tuesday, April 30 at 7pm at 20 Cooper Square on the 7th floor and will be free and open to the public. If you would like to attend, please reserve your ticket here. The dialogue will be streamed live and we will take questions from the public via Twitter and email.
We hope to see you there.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.