Gov’t Has Spent Small Fraction of $50 Billion Pledged for Loan Mods
Data obtained by ProPublica show how much has been spent through the government’s mortgage modification program (HAMP). Our data show how much has gone to each mortgage servicer.
Banks and the government have fallen short in helping homeowners in danger of foreclosure.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Bank of America Lied to Homeowners and Rewarded Foreclosures, Former Employees Say
- For Most Homeowners, Gov't Foreclosure Deal Brings A Few Hundred Bucks
- Feds Replace Flawed Foreclosure Review With Vague $8.5 Billion Settlement
- As Foreclosure Crisis Drags On, So Does Flawed Government Response
- Cheat Sheet: BofA Supplied Default Answers for 'Independent' Foreclosure Claims Reviewers