How the NRA Undermined Congress’ Last Push for Gun Control
We reconstruct how the NRA advanced two measures long on its agenda in the wake of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting.
This article is part of an ongoing investigation:
We're probing the policy and politics of guns in America.
Latest Stories in this Project
- How Much Could Obama’s Gun Moves Affect Gun Violence? Nobody Knows.
- Why Counting Mass Shootings is a Bad Way to Understand Gun Violence in America
- How the Gun Control Debate Ignores Black Lives
- The Best Reporting on PTSD in Children Exposed to Violence
- Podcast: Guns, PTSD, and the ‘Data-Free Debate'