Financial Ties Bind Medical Societies to Drug and Device Makers
Professional groups like the Heart Rhythm Society write guidelines on treatments and the use of medical devices, but researchers say their acceptance of sponsorships and grants from drug and device makers poses a conflict of interest that many patients never consider.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Drug and Device Makers Pay Thousands of Docs with Disciplinary Records
- Drug and Device Makers Find Receptive Audience at For-profit, Southern Hospitals
- How We Compiled the Dollars for Docs Hospital Data
- Feed Me, Pharma: More Evidence That Industry Meals Are Linked to Costlier Prescribing
- Another Study Finds Link Between Pharma Money and Brand-name Prescribing