The Champion of Painkillers
The annual death toll from overdoses of painkillers has reached almost 15,000, prompting the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to term it an “epidemic.” But the American Pain Foundation continues to claim the risks are overblown. The advocacy group’s biggest supporter? The drug industry.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Drug and Device Makers Pay Thousands of Docs with Disciplinary Records
- Drug and Device Makers Find Receptive Audience at For-profit, Southern Hospitals
- How We Compiled the Dollars for Docs Hospital Data
- Feed Me, Pharma: More Evidence That Industry Meals Are Linked to Costlier Prescribing
- Another Study Finds Link Between Pharma Money and Brand-name Prescribing