1) You can’t recreate our data app, or make something that simply puts a different user interface on the data or a subset of the data.
2) You can’t change the data except to update or correct it.
3) You can’t charge people money to look at the data, or sell advertising specifically against it.
4) You can’t sub-license the data to others. You can’t resell the data.
5) If you use our data for a printed table, chart, graphic or map, you must cite ProPublica, and link to our interactive feature if you publish online.
7) You acknowledge that the data you use may contain errors and omissions, and you are solely responsible for checking our site for any corrections or updates.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Celeste LeCompte Named ProPublica’s Director of Business Development
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica