1) You can’t recreate our data app, or make something that simply puts a different user interface on the data or a subset of the data.
2) You can’t change the data except to update or correct it.
3) You can’t charge people money to look at the data, or sell advertising specifically against it.
4) You can’t sub-license the data to others. You can’t resell the data.
5) If you use our data for a printed table, chart, graphic or map, you must cite ProPublica, and link to our interactive feature if you publish online.
7) You acknowledge that the data you use may contain errors and omissions, and you are solely responsible for checking our site for any corrections or updates.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost