In general, you may use ProPublica's data under the following terms. However, there may be different terms included for some data sets. It is your responsibility to read carefully the specific terms included with the data you download or purchase from our website.
- You can’t republish the raw data in its entirety, or otherwise distribute the data (in whole or in part) on a stand-alone basis.
- You can’t change the data except to update or correct it.
- You can’t charge people money to look at the data, or sell advertising specifically against it.
- You can’t sub-license or resell the data to others.
- If you use the data for publication, you must cite ProPublica.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the data. You acknowledge that the data may contain errors and omissions.
- We are not obligated to update the data, but in the event we do, you are solely responsible for checking our site for any updates.
- You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend ProPublica from and against any claims arising out of your use of the data.