We are seeking to hire two reporters, one of whom will be covering gender and sexuality issues. The second reporter could cover a wide variety of topics, but we are particularly interested in candidates who have done investigative stories about environmental and energy issues.
We’re looking for reporters with significant journalism experience and an ability to write engagingly about complex topics. But our main requirement is that you have a record of hard-hitting enterprise reporting, the kind that demands change. Please send us a few of your stories, with explanations for each of how you got onto them, along with a few story ideas, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If possible, please include your clips as attachments — either Word docs or PDFs.
Your application will come into the inbox of several staff members, so there is no need to address it to a specific person.
The jobs will be based in New York, and include benefits. ProPublica is committed to building a diverse newsroom.
Sign up to be notified of future internship and job openings.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism