Frontline on International Bribery
Tonight PBS’s Frontline has an investigation of “black money,” bribes made by international conglomerates to land contracts.
We worked on two related stories with Frontline. Last September, we looked at the bribes doled out by a former Halliburton subsidiary. And in December, we explored how Siemens, one of world’s biggest companies, ended up paying $1.6 billion in fines for bribery, the largest in modern corporate history. Reporting from those pieces made it into the Frontline segment.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter