Stimulus Spending Now at $207 Billion
We’ve updated our interactive Stimulus Progress Bar, which tracks the flow of stimulus money through federal agencies. The progress bar shows that according to the most recent numbers available, the Obama administration has spent $123 billion, just over 21 percent of the $580 billion available in actual spending under the Recovery Act. Meanwhile, according to a report (PDF) released by the White House Friday, the government had paid out $84 billion in tax cuts as of Sept. 30, out of a total of some $212 billion in tax cuts in the bill. Add the two together, and the federal government has now spent $207 billion, or 26 percent, of the stimulus package.
Check out the details in our Stimulus Progress Bar.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter