Tracking States’ Stimulus Sites
States are promising transparency as they attempt to plow through their stimulus money. How well are they doing? We’ve updated our Tracking States' Spending Sites chart, so you can see which states are sticking to that promise.
Since we last checked in, many states have stepped up their reporting game, but a few – we’re looking at you, Kentucky and Michigan – still have a ways to go.
We’ve included links to states’ recovery and transparency Web sites (well, those that exist), and will continue to update as sites change.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Coming Monday: Revamped Podcast Launches With Guest Jim Dwyer
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups