Photo of the Day: Rescuing Pelicans
Today's photo depicts what happened after an oiled pelican was discovered. According the Deepwater Horizon Response, as of Sunday morning, 1,036 animals have been recovered, 812 of which were deceased. But the New York Times, as of Monday, reported that a total of 1,142 animals, including birds, sea turtles and dolphins, have been collected, 871 of which were dead.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going