MuckReads Podcast: Examining Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
For this week's MuckReads podcast, ProPublica managing editor Stephen Engelberg spoke with the Boston Globe's Michael Kranish and Beth Healy about their series of stories probing presidential candidate Mitt Romney and the financial firm he co-founded, Bain Capital.
Kranish, the deputy chief of the Globe's Washington bureau, and Healy, a financial reporter, have written several reports about Romney and Bain, most recently focusing on Romney's severance package negotiations. They discuss Michael Milken's involvement with Bain, what their reporting means for voters as the election draws near, and profile several deals Bain Capital made over the past 15 years, including household names Domino's and Staples.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer