MuckReads Podcast: Examining Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
For this week's MuckReads podcast, ProPublica managing editor Stephen Engelberg spoke with the Boston Globe's Michael Kranish and Beth Healy about their series of stories probing presidential candidate Mitt Romney and the financial firm he co-founded, Bain Capital.
Kranish, the deputy chief of the Globe's Washington bureau, and Healy, a financial reporter, have written several reports about Romney and Bain, most recently focusing on Romney's severance package negotiations. They discuss Michael Milken's involvement with Bain, what their reporting means for voters as the election draws near, and profile several deals Bain Capital made over the past 15 years, including household names Domino's and Staples.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Judge Tosses Retaliation Lawsuit by Fired N.Y. Fed Examiner