MuckReads Podcast: Examining Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
For this week's MuckReads podcast, ProPublica managing editor Stephen Engelberg spoke with the Boston Globe's Michael Kranish and Beth Healy about their series of stories probing presidential candidate Mitt Romney and the financial firm he co-founded, Bain Capital.
Kranish, the deputy chief of the Globe's Washington bureau, and Healy, a financial reporter, have written several reports about Romney and Bain, most recently focusing on Romney's severance package negotiations. They discuss Michael Milken's involvement with Bain, what their reporting means for voters as the election draws near, and profile several deals Bain Capital made over the past 15 years, including household names Domino's and Staples.
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Coming Monday: Revamped Podcast Launches With Guest Jim Dwyer
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison