Last Chance This Year to Support Journalism in the Public Interest
Your last chance to make a tax-deductible contribution this year to ProPublica is fast approaching. We hope you’ll seize it.
It’s been a year of great stories – but, even more important, it’s been a year of major impact from our journalism. That includes:
- What may be the beginning of the end to payments by pharmaceutical companies to prescribing doctors, as charted in our Dollars for Docs;
- Renewed moves toward information security after we revealed how the NSA undermined encryption standards;
- An IRS proposal to tighten the rules governing dark money campaign spending by so-called social welfare nonprofits on which we shined a light;
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in fines stemming from our Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting on deals by the financial firm Magnetar;
- Important first steps toward reforming Medicare Part D, where our reporting documented the waste of billions of taxpayer dollars and a systemic failure to detect fraud;
- The presidential commutation of the unjust sentence of Clarence Aaron, whose case we spotlighted.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?