Last Chance This Year to Support Journalism in the Public Interest
Your last chance to make a tax-deductible contribution this year to ProPublica is fast approaching. We hope you’ll seize it.
It’s been a year of great stories – but, even more important, it’s been a year of major impact from our journalism. That includes:
- What may be the beginning of the end to payments by pharmaceutical companies to prescribing doctors, as charted in our Dollars for Docs;
- Renewed moves toward information security after we revealed how the NSA undermined encryption standards;
- An IRS proposal to tighten the rules governing dark money campaign spending by so-called social welfare nonprofits on which we shined a light;
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in fines stemming from our Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting on deals by the financial firm Magnetar;
- Important first steps toward reforming Medicare Part D, where our reporting documented the waste of billions of taxpayer dollars and a systemic failure to detect fraud;
- The presidential commutation of the unjust sentence of Clarence Aaron, whose case we spotlighted.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter