Mark Danner and ProPublica’s Dafna Linzer Talk Torture
ProPublica senior reporter Dafna Linzer and Mark Danner, a New York Review of Books contributor and University of California at Berkeley journalism professor, discuss the details of the Red Cross torture report, what happened to some of the “ghost detainees” and whether there should be an investigation, prosecution or truth commission to sort out who is responsible for what.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Judge Tosses Retaliation Lawsuit by Fired N.Y. Fed Examiner