Dial In for Dialysis Info
Update: To join the call, please dial (866) 672-8584 and then use this conference ID #: 37529137.
Late last year, ProPublica released dialysis clinic performance data that the government had been collecting but, with few exceptions, had never made public. ProPublica's Dialysis Tracker allows patients to search for a clinic and see how it compares to others on 15 different measures, ranging from mortality rates and hospitalization to transplants rates and infection control.
Consumers were the immediate beneficiaries because our dialysis series gave them access to material that could help them make more informed decisions about their treatment. And media outlets were able to use data to produce their own news reports about dialysis care.
Since the series started, several reporters and members of the renal community have asked questions about the data and how they can use it. To answer these questions, and any others our readers might have, senior editor Robin Fields will host a conference call on Thursday, Jan. 20 at 3 p.m. Eastern / 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific. Fields will walk participants through the ways they can use the dialysis data -- whether it be for reporting, research, policy analysis or your own health. The call will cover how this data set goes beyond what has previously been available and she'll discuss ideas for further reporting on this issue.
If you would like to join the call, sign up now and next week, we'll send you the number to call.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
- ProPublica, the Lens Launch Multimedia Project on Coastal Loss in Louisiana
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
- Robert Faturechi of LA Times to Cover Campaign Finance for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.