Dial In for Dialysis Info
Update: To join the call, please dial (866) 672-8584 and then use this conference ID #: 37529137.
Late last year, ProPublica released dialysis clinic performance data that the government had been collecting but, with few exceptions, had never made public. ProPublica's Dialysis Tracker allows patients to search for a clinic and see how it compares to others on 15 different measures, ranging from mortality rates and hospitalization to transplants rates and infection control.
Consumers were the immediate beneficiaries because our dialysis series gave them access to material that could help them make more informed decisions about their treatment. And media outlets were able to use data to produce their own news reports about dialysis care.
Since the series started, several reporters and members of the renal community have asked questions about the data and how they can use it. To answer these questions, and any others our readers might have, senior editor Robin Fields will host a conference call on Thursday, Jan. 20 at 3 p.m. Eastern / 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific. Fields will walk participants through the ways they can use the dialysis data -- whether it be for reporting, research, policy analysis or your own health. The call will cover how this data set goes beyond what has previously been available and she'll discuss ideas for further reporting on this issue.
If you would like to join the call, sign up now and next week, we'll send you the number to call.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?