Four ProPublica Reporters Win Best in Business Awards
The Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) has announced the winners of its 17th annual Best in Business Awards, which honor excellence in business and financial journalism across all news platforms.
Four of ProPublica's reporters were recognized for their work. Paul Kiel and Olga Pierce won in the investigative category for digital news outlets for their series examining the foreclosure crisis. Senior reporter Jesse Eisinger won the opinion/column category for digital news outlets for his bi-weekly column, The Trade, which is co-published with the New York Times. ProPublica's Jeff Gerth was also recognized for his collaborative effort with the Financial Times on its Tax War series, which won two SABEW awards in the international division for creative use across multiple platforms and also in the investigative category.
A full list of winners can be found here. Congratulations to everyone involved.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
- Robert Faturechi of LA Times to Cover Campaign Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back