Introducing ProPublica: The Magazine
Update (7/8): ProPublica: The Magazine is now available to download.
For readers with iPads and iPhones, there’s a new way to check out ProPublica. We’re launching ProPublica: The Magazine, a monthly digital publication delivered right to your iPad or iPhone. Each month we’ll curate a selection of our best stories – from short reads to deep-dive investigations to data-driven interactives – selected around a theme.
We think you’ll find our themes surprising and thought-provoking every month. Our first issue, “In the Cross Hairs,” includes stories that look at issues from gun rights to the drone war, and features an incredible long-form story rooted in a horrific massacre that took place during Guatemala’s civil war. It follows Oscar Alfredo Ramírez Castañeda, who discovers his adoptive father is really the Guatemalan general who killed his family. Our second issue, “Living Apart,” collects stories about the role race plays in housing and criminal justice.
The Magazine provides a simple, quiet reading experience – none of the distractions that divert your attention on the web are here. Whether you’re commuting or sitting in a comfortable chair, The Magazine is designed for stories to be read deeply. And because we collect many stories from long-term investigations into one place, you’ll be able to to see much more of the long arc of a story. We hope we’ve made it an ideal way to read ProPublica’s journalism.
If you like the sample issue, we hope you’ll opt for a free annual subscription. Subscribers will get a notification on their iPad or iPhone every month when the new issue is ready to download.
To create The Magazine, ProPublica worked with the talented team at 29th Street Publishing. It is as new for us as it is for you, and we’ll be spending the months ahead building ProPublica: The Magazine into a monthly must-read.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
- ProPublica, the Lens Launch Multimedia Project on Coastal Loss in Louisiana
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
- Robert Faturechi of LA Times to Cover Campaign Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.