Introducing ProPublica: The Magazine
Update (7/8): ProPublica: The Magazine is now available to download.
For readers with iPads and iPhones, there’s a new way to check out ProPublica. We’re launching ProPublica: The Magazine, a monthly digital publication delivered right to your iPad or iPhone. Each month we’ll curate a selection of our best stories – from short reads to deep-dive investigations to data-driven interactives – selected around a theme.
We think you’ll find our themes surprising and thought-provoking every month. Our first issue, “In the Cross Hairs,” includes stories that look at issues from gun rights to the drone war, and features an incredible long-form story rooted in a horrific massacre that took place during Guatemala’s civil war. It follows Oscar Alfredo Ramírez Castañeda, who discovers his adoptive father is really the Guatemalan general who killed his family. Our second issue, “Living Apart,” collects stories about the role race plays in housing and criminal justice.
The Magazine provides a simple, quiet reading experience – none of the distractions that divert your attention on the web are here. Whether you’re commuting or sitting in a comfortable chair, The Magazine is designed for stories to be read deeply. And because we collect many stories from long-term investigations into one place, you’ll be able to to see much more of the long arc of a story. We hope we’ve made it an ideal way to read ProPublica’s journalism.
If you like the sample issue, we hope you’ll opt for a free annual subscription. Subscribers will get a notification on their iPad or iPhone every month when the new issue is ready to download.
To create The Magazine, ProPublica worked with the talented team at 29th Street Publishing. It is as new for us as it is for you, and we’ll be spending the months ahead building ProPublica: The Magazine into a monthly must-read.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case
- Senator Asks OSHA About Temp Worker Buried Alive In Sugar