ProPublica Finalists Named in Business and Data Journalism Awards
The UCLA Anderson School of Management has announced that four ProPublica projects are finalists for its 2014 Gerald Loeb Awards, one of the most prestigious honors in business journalism:
"Life and Death in Assisted Living" - A.C. Thompson, Jonathan Jones and Hanna Trudo, ProPublica; Carl Byker, Katie Taber and Kate McMahon, Frontline
Personal Finance Category
"Debt Inc." - Paul Kiel, ProPublica and Mitchell Hartman, Marketplace
The finalists were chosen from more than 480 entries submitted this year. Winners in the 14 categories will be announced during the Loeb Awards banquet on June 24.
ProPublica also had 13 finalists in the Global Editors Network's Data Journalism Awards, more than any other newsroom, which included individual portfolios from news applications developers Al Shaw and Lena Groeger, as well as some of our most popular projects, including Dollars for Docs, ER Wait Watcher and China's Memory Hole.
This year's Data Journalism Award winners will be announced on June 12 during the DJA Ceremony at the GEN Summit 2014. Congratulations to all the finalists for both awards.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Slate’s Alec MacGillis to Cover Politics for ProPublica
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
- ProPublica, the Lens Launch Multimedia Project on Coastal Loss in Louisiana
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.