ProPublica Reporters Are Finalists for Livingston Awards
Two ProPublica reporters are finalists for the Livingston Awards. The Livingstons are given to journalists to honor “outstanding achievement by professionals under the age of 35 in local, national and international reporting.”
This year, Paul Kiel and Lois Beckett are finalists for the national reporting prize. Kiel’s narrative, “The Great American Foreclosure Story,” explains how a grandmother, who once owned her home free and clear, got caught up in the housing crisis and lost just about everything she had.
Beckett’s “How Microsoft and Yahoo Are Selling Politicians Access to You” details how those companies are helping campaigns tailor ads for potential voters by sharing their names, zip codes, and other registration information often without people’s knowledge. Beckett won the award last year along with ProPublica’s Olga Pierce and Jeff Larson.
Habiba Nosheen and This American Life’s Brian Reed are finalists in the international reporting category for the radio version of our joint “Finding Oscar” investigation. The winners will be announced on June 6, 2013 at a luncheon in New York City. Congratulations to all of the finalists.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
- ProPublica, the Lens Launch Multimedia Project on Coastal Loss in Louisiana
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
- Robert Faturechi of LA Times to Cover Campaign Finance for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.