ProPublica Reporters Win National Press Foundation Award For Energy Writing
The National Press Foundation has honored ProPublica's Abrahm Lustgarten and Joaquin Sapien  with the 2009 Thomas L. Stokes Award for Best Energy Writing  for their coverage of natural gas drilling .
The award recognizes that the reporting of Lustgarten and Sapien was ahead of the curve on the possible effects of hydraulic fracturing on the nation's water.
Now in its 46th year, this competitive award  honors the best print journalism on the subject of energy.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
- ProPublica Hires Senior Reporter to Investigate Privacy Issues
- ProPublica Files Motion to Release Court Rulings Authorizing NSA Phone Surveillance
- Nicole Collins Bronzan Named As ProPublica’s New Director of Communications
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Segregation Now
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns