ProPublica Wall Street Investigation Selected as Finalist for Goldsmith Award
We are honored to announce that ProPublica's Wall Street investigation has been selected as a finalist for the 2011 Goldsmith Prize for Investigative Reporting. Jake Bernstein and Jesse Eisinger were the lead reporters for our "The Wall Street Money Machine" series, which looked at actions Wall Street bankers took that prolonged and exacerbated the financial crisis. The investigation was done in collaboration with NPR's Planet Money and Chicago Public Radio's This American Life.
In the three years that we've been eligible for the Goldsmith Awards, ProPublica has been a finalist each year. The Washington Post has been at least a finalist for the past six years. Good luck to all of the finalists.
Here is a complete list of all of ProPublica's awards.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case