‘The Rachel Maddow Show’ on our Loan Modification Investigation
Last night, "The Rachel Maddow Show" featured a segment on the numerous problems with the loan modification program . Guest host Chris Hayes described how it works and declared the program "the biggest disaster of this administration." Hayes interviewed Suzanna Wertheim, a woman ProPublica recently profiled , and talked about the "Kafkaesque" runaround she's endured trying to obtain a loan modification.
KPCC's "Patt Morrison" show also had a roundtable discussion about the loan mod program , featuring our lead reporter on the investigation, Paul Kiel.
Keep an eye on our site as we share more profiles  of frustrated homeowners. And be sure to check out the results of our homeowner questionnaire , in which respondents detailed more than a thousand errors by banks and other servicers.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
- ProPublica Hires Senior Reporter to Investigate Privacy Issues
- ProPublica Files Motion to Release Court Rulings Authorizing NSA Phone Surveillance
- Nicole Collins Bronzan Named As ProPublica’s New Director of Communications
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns