Watch our Financial Crisis Event Online
Join us tonight at 7pm Eastern for “The Financial Crisis as Conversion Experience: Did Wall Street Journalists Change Their Views?” featuring ProPublica senior reporter Jesse Eisinger, New York Times “Common Sense” business columnist James B. Stewart, Newsweek/Daily Beast “Asymmetrical Information” correspondent Megan McArdle and Thompson Reuters digital editor Chrystia Freeland. The journalists will explore the impact the 2008 financial crisis had on their outlook and their work. Reuters finance blogger Felix Salmon will moderate the discussion.
The event is “sold out,” but a few seats may open up at the last minute. If you would like to watch the conversation online, join us on UStream TV to follow along. And if you have questions that you would like to ask, tweet them with the hashtag #InvestigateThis or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, New York Times to Host Talk on Role of Data in Reporting on Race
- Topher Sanders to Cover Racial Inequality for ProPublica
- Slate’s Alec MacGillis to Cover Politics for ProPublica
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.