Photo of the Day: Oil Hits Alabama
Today's image shows oil streaks on the shore of Dauphin Island, Ala. Tuesday marked the first incidence of oil washing ashore in Alabama, and it looks like more is coming as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration warned of "more shoreline impacts."
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments