Photo of the Day: Oil Surf
Over the weekend, officials said BP's latest attempt to stem the flow of oil was capturing about 10,000 barrels a day, as much as the ship on the surface can process. But with the latest leak estimate by the National Incident Command’s Flow Rate Technical Group at 12,000 to 19,000 barrels a day, oil continues to pour into the Gulf. On that point, Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said the cleanup of the Gulf could last for several more months.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Segregation Now
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups