Reminder: Dollars for Docs Conference Call Happening This Afternoon
Update: About 50 news organizations have already signed up to participate in today's conference call.
In a conference call this Thursday, my reporting partner, Tracy Weber, and I will explain how you can use our new Dollars for Docs database for your reporting. We’ll walk you through what details about payments to doctors the pharmaceutical companies are and are not disclosing. We will also explain how you can check a doctor's credentials, and find out if the doctor has been disciplined by a state medical board or received a warning letter from FDA. (As we reported, hundreds of doctors are on company payrolls who had been accused of professional misconduct, were disciplined by state boards, or lacked credentials as researchers or specialists.)
The call is set for today at 3p.m. EST.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter