Reminder: Dollars for Docs Conference Call Happening This Afternoon
Update: About 50 news organizations have already signed up to participate in today's conference call.
In a conference call this Thursday, my reporting partner, Tracy Weber, and I will explain how you can use our new Dollars for Docs database for your reporting. We’ll walk you through what details about payments to doctors the pharmaceutical companies are and are not disclosing. We will also explain how you can check a doctor's credentials, and find out if the doctor has been disciplined by a state medical board or received a warning letter from FDA. (As we reported, hundreds of doctors are on company payrolls who had been accused of professional misconduct, were disciplined by state boards, or lacked credentials as researchers or specialists.)
The call is set for today at 3p.m. EST.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Insta-Loophole: In Florida, High-Cost Lender Skirts the Law