Reminder: Dollars for Docs Conference Call Happening This Afternoon
Update: About 50 news organizations have already signed up to participate in today's conference call.
In a conference call this Thursday, my reporting partner, Tracy Weber, and I will explain how you can use our new Dollars for Docs database for your reporting. We’ll walk you through what details about payments to doctors the pharmaceutical companies are and are not disclosing. We will also explain how you can check a doctor's credentials, and find out if the doctor has been disciplined by a state medical board or received a warning letter from FDA. (As we reported, hundreds of doctors are on company payrolls who had been accused of professional misconduct, were disciplined by state boards, or lacked credentials as researchers or specialists.)
The call is set for today at 3p.m. EST.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups