What’s Next for the Super Bowl Blitz
This is a quick update on our Super Bowl Blitz, which aims to find out which members of Congress are attending this year's Super Bowl and how they got their tickets.
I'm getting lots of e-mails asking, "What's next?" now that we've made hundreds of calls to members of Congress. Those calls, by the way, have resulted in a handful of yeses and plenty of noncommittal replies like, "The congressman isn't planning on attending the Super Bowl." ProPublica reporters are following up on those responses today and tomorrow.
We're also cooking up plans for several stories. We will share the details -- and more -- with participants of the Super Bowl Blitz and ProPublica readers on Friday.
In the meantime, dial, dial, dial. Kathleen McLaughlin, a reporter at Indianapolis Business Journal, turned herself into a human robo-caller this morning and dialed through most of Indiana. The results are going into our Super Bowl Blitz chart momentarily. Thank you, Kathleen.
Our collaborative reporting initiative that connects readers with our reporters to produce stories in the public interest.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going