Impact From ProPublica
ProPublica’s mission statement commits us to “spur reform through the sustained spotlighting of wrongdoing.” Here are some indications of how we are pursuing that mission:
Dick Tofel: How to Measure the Impact of Journalism
Dollars for Docs: What the New ‘Collaborative Media’ Can Mean
Free the Files: Insisting on Transparency — Even from the Media
Post Mortem: Pushing for Justice, Sometimes One Case at a Time
The Wall Street Money Machine: Continuing Impact From Prize-Winning Reporting
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Latest Episode: Universities have become increasingly strategic about how they use their financial aid, but who they’re awarding money to and for what remains unclear. Marian Wang and Eric Umansky discuss the information imbalance at the center of the admissions and financial-aid process.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism