Riley Wong is a Google News Lab fellow at ProPublica. Their background is in data science, machine learning, and open-source software development for health care and social good. They graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in computer science and currently manage an online community for queer and/or trans people of color in tech. Visit their website for more.
A ProPublica analysis found that black people and Native Americans are under-represented in clinical trials of new drugs, even when the treatment is aimed at a type of cancer that disproportionately affects them.
An in-depth look at newly approved cancer drugs, who participates in their clinical trials and who is affected by those cancers.
Most Popular Stories
- Inside TurboTax’s 20-Year Fight to Stop Americans From Filing Their Taxes for Free
- Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
- A Taste of the Climate Apocalypse to Come
- How Donald Trump Turned to a Comics Titan to Shape the VA
- When Medical Debt Collectors Decide Who Gets Arrested