ProPublica reporter Abrahm Lustgarten is a guest on today’s NPR’s “Fresh Air” with Terry Gross. They discuss Lustgarten’s recent reporting on BP as well as his earlier reporting on natural gas drilling. Topics covered include:
- BP’s putting profits ahead of safety;
- the possibility that BP falsified reports;
- the problems with gas and fire sensors on the Deepwater Horizon;
- regulations on the natural gas drilling industry;
- the impact of hydraulic fracturing to obtain natural gas.
More information on today’s broadcast, including transcript highlights, can be found on the NPR website. On today’s show, Gross also talks with Josh Fox about his documentary “Gasland,” about the impacts of natural gas drilling.
Here are other recent stories Lustgarten has written about BP and natural gas drilling.