As the Senate winds down its debate on the economic stimulus package, some old talking points are gaining new life. For example, Sen. Mitch McConnell just said that if you spent $1 million a day since Jesus was born, you would still not come to the $787 billion in the bill. He also says money could go to ACORN, the much-criticized community organizers. Meanwhile, Sen. Daniel Inouye says there's no earmarks. Politifact sorts out the fact, fiction and the pants on fire.
Most Popular Stories
- How Teach for America Evolved Into an Arm of the Charter School Movement
- There Has Been an Explosion of Homicides in California’s County Jails. Here’s Why.
- Wasted Funds, Destroyed Property: How Sheriffs Undermined Their Successors After Losing Reelection
- How Nine Sheriffs Who Lost Reelection Made Life Harder for Their Successors
- Death and Valor on an American Warship Doomed by its Own Navy