Epstein’s Book on Longlist for William Hill Sports Book Of The Year
ProPublica's David Epstein is on the longlist announced today for the prestigious 25th William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award. His book, "The Sports Gene: What Makes The Perfect Athlete," released in August, draws on his experience as an award-winning senior writer for Sports Illustrated, where he covered sports science, medicine, and Olympic sports.
Epstein, who joined ProPublica this month, covers energy and environment issues as well as sports science. He has won a number of awards for his science writing, including the Society of Professional Journalists 2010 Deadline Club Award and Time Inc.’s Henry R. Luce Award for public service. He is a former ProPublica intern and also the author of the recently published “The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance.” He has a master’s in environmental science from Columbia University.
The shortlist will be released on Oct. 25, with the award announced on Nov. 27.
Congrats, David, and good luck!
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.