Epstein’s Book on Longlist for William Hill Sports Book Of The Year
ProPublica's David Epstein is on the longlist announced today for the prestigious 25th William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award. His book, "The Sports Gene: What Makes The Perfect Athlete," released in August, draws on his experience as an award-winning senior writer for Sports Illustrated, where he covered sports science, medicine, and Olympic sports.
Epstein, who joined ProPublica this month, covers energy and environment issues as well as sports science. He has won a number of awards for his science writing, including the Society of Professional Journalists 2010 Deadline Club Award and Time Inc.’s Henry R. Luce Award for public service. He is a former ProPublica intern and also the author of the recently published “The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance.” He has a master’s in environmental science from Columbia University.
The shortlist will be released on Oct. 25, with the award announced on Nov. 27.
Congrats, David, and good luck!
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Lisa Song to Cover the Environment for ProPublica
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch 'Documenting Hate'
- Peter Gosselin to Join ProPublica to Investigate Aging Issues
- ProPublica Announces Paul Sagan as New Board Chairman
- ProPublica to Expand with State-Based ‘ProPublica Illinois’ Unit
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.