Loan Mod Reporting Matchmaker Project Works for PBS’s NewsHour
As part of our loan mod Reporting Matchmaker Project, ProPublica connected PBS’s NewsHour with a family to discuss their 17-month ordeal applying for a loan modification. The interview will air tonight on PBS’s NewsHour. Check local listings.
Journalists, it is not too late to join the Reporting Matchmaker network. When you do, ProPublica will connect you with local homeowners struggling to get mortgage modifications. A quick look at the Reporting Matchmaker map shows whether there is currently a match in your area. And be sure to read all of ProPublica's reporting about the loan modification program.
Homeowners tell us your story
Are you a homeowner who's struggling to pay your mortgage? Are you seeking a loan modification through the government program? If so, tell us your story.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.