Multiple Honors for ProPublica in Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism
The Association of Health Care Journalists announced multiple honors for ProPublica today in the large division of its Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism.
Jeff Gerth and T. Christian Miller’s “Overdose” series, an examination of the dangers of acetaminophen, won first place in consumer reporting and third place in health policy reporting. Gerth and Miller’s work laid out not only the damage done by acetaminophen, but also the failings of federal officials to act to lessen its dangers.
For “Life and Death in Assisted Living,” ProPublica’s A.C. Thompson and freelancer Jonathan Jones won second place in both consumer and business reporting. The series chronicled the last months of an elderly woman’s life in an assisted-living facility and detailed dubious practices at work there and throughout the multibillion-dollar industry.
See all the winners of this year’s Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism here.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.