Multiple Honors for ProPublica in Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism
The Association of Health Care Journalists announced multiple honors for ProPublica today in the large division of its Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism.
Jeff Gerth and T. Christian Miller’s “Overdose” series, an examination of the dangers of acetaminophen, won first place in consumer reporting and third place in health policy reporting. Gerth and Miller’s work laid out not only the damage done by acetaminophen, but also the failings of federal officials to act to lessen its dangers.
For “Life and Death in Assisted Living,” ProPublica’s A.C. Thompson and freelancer Jonathan Jones won second place in both consumer and business reporting. The series chronicled the last months of an elderly woman’s life in an assisted-living facility and detailed dubious practices at work there and throughout the multibillion-dollar industry.
See all the winners of this year’s Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism here.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.