ProPublica Wins Awards of Excellence in Society for News Design Contest
The Society For News Design has announced multiple awards of excellence for ProPublica in its annual “Best of Digital Design” competition.
In the features category for data projects, awards went to:
- "Prescriber Checkup," which tracks prescribing habits among doctors in Medicare;
- "Where Congress Stands on Guns," a visual guide to senators' and representatives' votes on gun laws; and
- "China’s Memory Hole: The Images Erased From Sina Weibo," a look at images censored on "China's Twitter," which also won a single-story feature award.
"Overdose: Use Only As Directed," an in-depth examination at the dangers of acetaminophen, won a single-story award of excellence in the features category.
Additional honors went to ProPublica's overall portfolio and the individual work of news application developers Al Shaw and Lena Groeger.
See all of this year's winners here. Congratulations to all.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.