ProPublica Wins Awards of Excellence in Society for News Design Contest
The Society For News Design has announced multiple awards of excellence for ProPublica in its annual “Best of Digital Design” competition.
In the features category for data projects, awards went to:
- "Prescriber Checkup," which tracks prescribing habits among doctors in Medicare;
- "Where Congress Stands on Guns," a visual guide to senators' and representatives' votes on gun laws; and
- "China’s Memory Hole: The Images Erased From Sina Weibo," a look at images censored on "China's Twitter," which also won a single-story feature award.
"Overdose: Use Only As Directed," an in-depth examination at the dangers of acetaminophen, won a single-story award of excellence in the features category.
Additional honors went to ProPublica's overall portfolio and the individual work of news application developers Al Shaw and Lena Groeger.
See all of this year's winners here. Congratulations to all.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.