‘The Rachel Maddow Show’ on our Loan Modification Investigation
Last night, "The Rachel Maddow Show" featured a segment on the numerous problems with the loan modification program . Guest host Chris Hayes described how it works and declared the program "the biggest disaster of this administration." Hayes interviewed Suzanna Wertheim, a woman ProPublica recently profiled , and talked about the "Kafkaesque" runaround she's endured trying to obtain a loan modification.
KPCC's "Patt Morrison" show also had a roundtable discussion about the loan mod program , featuring our lead reporter on the investigation, Paul Kiel.
Keep an eye on our site as we share more profiles  of frustrated homeowners. And be sure to check out the results of our homeowner questionnaire , in which respondents detailed more than a thousand errors by banks and other servicers.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.