‘The Rachel Maddow Show’ on our Loan Modification Investigation
Last night, "The Rachel Maddow Show" featured a segment on the numerous problems with the loan modification program . Guest host Chris Hayes described how it works and declared the program "the biggest disaster of this administration." Hayes interviewed Suzanna Wertheim, a woman ProPublica recently profiled , and talked about the "Kafkaesque" runaround she's endured trying to obtain a loan modification.
KPCC's "Patt Morrison" show also had a roundtable discussion about the loan mod program , featuring our lead reporter on the investigation, Paul Kiel.
Keep an eye on our site as we share more profiles  of frustrated homeowners. And be sure to check out the results of our homeowner questionnaire , in which respondents detailed more than a thousand errors by banks and other servicers.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Celeste LeCompte Named ProPublica’s Director of Business Development
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.