ProPublica is seeking a creative videographer/producer to be part of our small TV and digital video team.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Collaborate with ProPublica journalists on their investigations and have original ideas on how to execute the visual storytelling component
- Know how to set up all the elements to produce a video piece
- Be an experienced video shooter and occasional editor of short and longer form content that will complement our journalism, work for social or standalone as a piece of content
The ideal candidate understands the worlds of film, television and social platforms, has imaginative storytelling skills and understands journalistic ethics and standards.
- A showreel or examples of three pieces of work that you have filmed/produced
- Examples of video content that you admire
We know that great candidates can bring skills to ProPublica that we haven’t thought of, and who won’t fit everything we’ve described above. If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply, and tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
This is a contract position that runs until the end of 2018. This position is full time and includes benefits and is based at our headquarters in New York.
You can apply use this form Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for applications is Sept. 9.
We are dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color and people with disabilities.