We are not currently accepting applications for this position.
ProPublica is hiring a part-time senior editor to oversee compelling investigations that spur change.
What you would be doing:
- Supervising up to three reporters, some remotely.
- Working to execute stories that can take a variety of forms, from newspaper-style takeouts to magazine stories, radio and TV.
- Coordinating with the rest of the ProPublica newsroom on research, data, news applications, engagement, audience development and design to elevate your projects.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of landing revelatory stories about abuses of power.
- Aches to tell stories that are both important and powerfully told.
- Has experience with — and an appetite for — collaborating with other newsrooms.
- Is truly excited about all the possible ways we can do journalism nowadays: from deep data-digging to working with readers to marrying narrative and investigative forms.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
ProPublica is dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. (Here is a breakdown of the ProPublica staff.) We’re committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. And we are taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, apply using this form. Deadline for applications is March 15, 2020.
The job includes benefits. We have a strong preference for the job to be based in either our office in Berkeley, California, or our headquarters in New York City.