On this week's podcast we talk with reporter Joaquin Sapien about a recent story, "Tainted Chinese Drywall Concerns Went Unreported," that was co-published with the Sarasota Herald-Tribune in Florida. Sapien describes how a drywall manufacturer, an importer and a major home builder all knew that thousands of homes throughout the Gulf Coast region were being built with tainted drywall from China that produces noxious fumes and corrodes household appliances and wiring. Sapien discusses what they knew and when, as well as what they told their customers and what the U.S. government is doing about the problem.
Most Popular Stories
- Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
- When Medical Debt Collectors Decide Who Gets Arrested
- Update: We Found a “Staggering” 281 Lobbyists Who’ve Worked in the Trump Administration
- Listen to Conference-Goers at Trump Resort Chant for “War!”
- Trump’s Trillion-Dollar Hit to Homeowners