Event Recap: Wall Street Money Machine
Last night, ProPublica launched its new 'Investigate This' event series at the Tenement Museum with a discussion about Wall Street and the financial crisis. The conversation featured former New York governor Eliot Spitzer as well as ProPublica's Jesse Eisinger and Jake Bernstein talking about their Pulitzer Prize-winning Wall Street Money Machine investigation.
The talk covered a range of issues from implementation of the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill, the fight against the Volcker rule, the mortgage crisis, the public backlash against Wall Street and what everyday citizens can do to demand change. You can watch the event in its entirety below (audio begins at 3:30).
ProPublica's next 'Investigate This' event will be on Tuesday, November 8. Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, and ProPublica's Charles Ornstein and Tracy Weber will cover the close financial ties between doctors and the pharmaceutical industry and how this can impact patient care.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Reporter Pamela Colloff to Write Jointly for ProPublica and The New York Times Magazine
- ProPublica Launches Health Care API with Data from Major Investigations
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.