Event Recap: Wall Street Money Machine
Last night, ProPublica launched its new 'Investigate This' event series at the Tenement Museum with a discussion about Wall Street and the financial crisis. The conversation featured former New York governor Eliot Spitzer as well as ProPublica's Jesse Eisinger and Jake Bernstein talking about their Pulitzer Prize-winning Wall Street Money Machine investigation.
The talk covered a range of issues from implementation of the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill, the fight against the Volcker rule, the mortgage crisis, the public backlash against Wall Street and what everyday citizens can do to demand change. You can watch the event in its entirety below (audio begins at 3:30).
ProPublica's next 'Investigate This' event will be on Tuesday, November 8. Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, and ProPublica's Charles Ornstein and Tracy Weber will cover the close financial ties between doctors and the pharmaceutical industry and how this can impact patient care.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica
- Adam Harris to Join ProPublica as Assistant Social Editor
- ProPublica Hires Ragan Rhyne as Vice President, Development
- Cynthia Gordy Named as ProPublica’s Marketing Director
- Derek Willis to Join ProPublica’s Politics Team
- ProPublica, New York Times to Host Talk on Role of Data in Reporting on Race
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.